If you have allergy and you inhaled dust mites, it can irritate you and cause dust mite allergy symptoms.
The most important step in successful allergy relief is to control the dust.
A vast majority of people are facing the problem with dust.
Dust is commonly known as any visible particle or cluster of particles that are found on the surface or in the air. Dust is the main cause for dust mite allergy.
The most common symptoms of dust mite allergy are runny nose or sinus, watery eyes, swollen eyes, breathing problem, skin rashes, itchy eyes, asthma symptoms, and so on. The timing of the allergy response may be immediate or delayed.
There are many things you can do through which you can get relief from allergy attacks. Dust and pollen are the two main causes for dust mite allergy symptoms to grow.
The particles which are floating in the beam of sunlight include dead dust particles and their waste products. These waste particles provoke dust mite allergy reactions. In the warm and humid environmental conditions they continue to thrive in your home.
Steps to control dust mite allergy:
There are many methods to control dust mite allergy symptoms in your home environment.
- If you have allergy symptoms, keeping clean home environment is very important for you. Dust mite allergens hide everywhere.
- Place the mattresses and box-springs in a zippered dust-proof cover. They have a layer of cover that keeps the dust inside the cover.
- Select a non-allergic washable material. Wash all beddings weekly once in hot water. Avoid wool and down blankets.
- Vacuum the carpets and rugs for every 2 or 3 days. Shampoo cleaners are available for cleaning the carpets.
- Keep the humidity level as low as possible.
- Avoid close contact with stuffed animals.
- Mold loves to develop in damp areas so avoiding dampness in your home gives a better allergy relief.
- Most common things in your home such as TV’s, stereos, computers, carpets, upholstered furniture will collect dust and they have to be cleaned often.
- Replace soft cloth-upholstered furniture with dust-proof furniture.
- Ventilate your house. Consider moving your house if your house is old, damp, and dusty.
Machinery to reduce dust mite allergy symptoms in the air:
- Air conditioners can control the high heat and humidity that rouse mite growth.
- Eliminate over usage of air conditioners, because they allow the mold particles into your house and causes dust mite allergy symptoms. If you use a filter system on the air conditioner it filters the air as it comes into the home.
- Hepa air filters can remove airborne dust, but not dust mites in bedding or carpets.
- Keep dehumidifier in your home in the places where moisture content is high. Basements are the places where moisture content is high.
Products to reduce surface dust:
- Certain chemicals kill dust mites or inactive dust mite allergens. Avoid over usage of chemicals, because they can cause some respiratory problems. Some of the chemicals are tannic acid and benzyl benzoate used to destroy dust mite allergy symptoms.
- You may find cleaning products, spread powders, and sprays in the market. By using these you can control dust allergy symptoms.