If you have allergies and asthma you also suffer from allergy induced asthma.
You can live an asthma attack free life by following the proper treatments for these symptoms.
Allergies and asthma are the chronic inflammatory diseases that can affect millions of people.
Allergy induced asthma is the most common type of asthma. 60 percent of the people with asthma have allergic type.
Cause of allergies and asthma:
- Most of the allergies and asthma are due to airborne substances, such as pollen, mold, dust mites and animal dander.
- Researchers confirmed that pollution is the main cause along with mold and pollen to affect allergies and asthma.
- Mold and pollen affects the immune system in your body, makes you very sick and cause allergies and asthma.
- Some of the drugs being used to treat allergies and asthma are a part of the recurrence.
Symptoms of allergies and asthma:
The symptoms of allergies and asthma are the same. They are:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Nasal congestion
- Itchy skin
- Tightening of the airways
- Swelling of the lining of the nose and bronchial tubes
When you have the problem of difficulty in breathing, you may be out of control and helpless. As the time goes allergies and asthma become very serious diseases and sometimes causing to death.
If you are suffering from asthma, allergens can attack your airways and make them red, swollen, and filled with sticky mucus.
Treatment for allergies and asthma:
- Allergies and asthma are treated sometimes with the same medications. You can use prescription drugs to get relief.
- Doctors suggest inhaler that you spray to help you breathe easier. Inhalers give only short term relief, not long term.
- Some doctors prescribe anti-inflammatories. These drugs are very strong.
- Corticosteroids, which you spray into your nose, reduce inflammation.
- Leukotriene modifiers which are available in pill form is used to treat both allergies and asthma symptoms.
- Practicing and learning breathing patterns and yoga lessons is one way to control your symptoms. This practice will change your breathing with little effort depending on the function of your diaphragm. Diaphragm is a strong muscle separating the heart and lungs from your stomach. Diaphragm receives a message from your brain and gets activated. Once it gets activated it flattens letting the lower ribs to swing out while increasing the chest cavity. Then the lungs can take air into the lower lungs.
- You have to practice the process of when to inhale and exhale to let the diaphragm go back to receive another message.
- If you are suffering with breathing then it is better to change your breathing pattern and also learn how to control it. Changing your breathing might be the answer for your breathing problem.
Side effects of inhalers and drugs:
- Frequent use of inhalers cause inflammation of the airways.
- Regular usage of inhalers can cause more frequent and severity of attacks.
- If you use drugs for long-term relief, they can cause some serious problems. You will face the problems such as weight gain, glaucoma sets in, hormonal changes and bone loss.