Asthma is a type of allergy. Young children were the most likely to be affected by asthma and allergy.
Asthma and allergy have some of the same symptoms.
These symptoms affect the lungs. Asthma and allergy cause are pollen, mold, pet dander, and dust mites.
Most of the people are treated everyday for both asthma and allergy because of the pollution in the air. The most common cause for both asthma and allergy is tobacco smoke [Asthma and airpollution].
Causes and symptoms of asthma and allergy:
- Common asthma and allergy triggers are:
- Cold air
- Tobacco smoke or wood smoke
- Medications and foods
- Infection and respiratory problems
- Strong odors from perfumes, hair sprays, paint
- The most common causes of asthma and allergy are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander and smoking.
- Asthma causes inflammation in the airways that is swelling and narrowing of the airways. The result is difficulty in breathing. Asthma develops in the lungs and pulmonary system.
- The most important symptom of asthma and allergy is inflammation of bronchial tubes. The bronchial tubes become red, irritated and swollen. The inflamed tissues produce a large amount of sticky mucus into the tubes.
- If you are suffering with asthma and your airways are triggered by allergens then these airways become highly sensitive. This condition is called as hyper-reactivity. Due to this condition more inflammation and narrowing of the airways results.
- If you have disease in the lungs and you got infected with virus, it can bring on an asthma and allergy attack.
- Simple infections like cold and flu can bring on an asthma attack.
- Virus infection leads to worst cases of asthma.
- Children at the age of 3 when got virus infection, shows that they might be at the lower risk of asthma.
Common symptoms of asthma and allergy:
There are 4 symptoms commonly recognized for asthma and allergy.
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
Coughing is a chronic symptom and it is usually severe at night and in early morning. Chest tightness occurs in times when it is difficult to breath. Wheezing is, whistling sound when breathing out. Shortness of breath occurs especially in night times.
Treatment for asthma and allergy:
- Asthma and allergy have some of the same treatment methods. They are treating the indoor and outdoor allergens.
- Clean home environment will help to keep cold and flu from spreading in the home. Clean environment protects you from asthma and allergy.
- You can reduce the symptoms from recurring by keeping a good air filter and vacuum sweeper in your home.
- Keeping the home environment free of allergens and germs will help you to keep the risk of asthma and allergy attacks down.
- To kill dust mites spread spray or powders.
- Keep dehumidifier in the basement areas to keep mold particles low.
- Try to avoid contact with mold, pollen, pet dander, and dust mites as much as possible if you have asthma and allergy.
- In the treatment of asthma, you can use inhalers and medications. Inhaler medications are generally preferred over pills or liquid medicines. Inhalers give quick relief for blocked airways.
- The common medication used for asthma and allergy is epinephrine.
- Cromolyn sodium prevents the release of certain chemicals in the lungs, such as histamines, which can cause asthma and allergy.