Allergy prevention is must for those who are suffering from allergies.
Depending on the type of allergy, follow the below allergy prevention steps to avoid allergies.
Allergies are the common disorders that affect the bodies’ immune system.
Allergy prevention is essential to get relief from allergies.
Steps for allergy prevention:
- Avoiding one item you are allergic to can even reduce your allergies to some extent.
- Humidifiers act as allergy prevention products. Keep humidifiers in your home to maintain humidity level in between 30-40 percent. Humidity level below 30 percent causes mold to develop in your home.
- Allergy prevention can be achieved by maintaining room temperature. Your room temperature must be 82°F in the summer and not higher than 34°C in hot and humid days.
- Allergens such as dust mites will hide in clothing, bedding, carpets, and furniture and so on. To prevent allergens that cause allergy, place pillows, box-springs and mattress in a zippered case.
- Avoid drugs that cause allergy reactions for allergy prevention.
- Avoid cigarette smoking.
- Follow allergy elimination techniques.
Allergy prevention medications:
Allergy prevention medications such as, histamine, chymase, acid hydrolaxes, leukotrienes, prostaglandins and thromboxanes help to prevent allergies. Avoid increased use of these medications, because histamine causes â€œEosinophil chemotactic factorsâ€ and chymase causes neutrophil chemical reactions.
- If you are allergic to pet dander and you have symptoms like swelling and runny nose then avoid contact with pets.
- Install high efficient air filter into your home to prevent allergy attacks.
- Avoid foods such as nuts, particular fruits such as banana, grapes, some vegetables, dairy products, soy, egg and wheat products.
- Use of herbal remedies, aromapathy remedies, following proper nutritional advices, and some homeopathy medicines can lead to allergy prevention.
- You can prevent seasonal allergies by moving to a friendlier climate. If you have bronchitis, asthma, or other allergic reactions, Arizona is a great state to get some relief from these allergic reactions.
- Dust will develop on televisions, radios, on wood, in rugs and so on. Allergy prevention involves removing the items entirely from your home. Otherwise learn some cleaning tactics to remove dust from these items.
- In the cases in which you can not prevent allergies, you must consider immunotherapy or allergy shots. This therapy involves injecting some solutions with the help of needles into your skin and it helps your immune system adjust to allergens, such as airborne allergens.
- Allergy shots is commonly used to treat allergic reactions that cause from dust mite, pollen, pet dander, venom from insects, etc. some times immunotherapy takes from months to years, but it can relieve you of allergy symptoms.
Disadvantages of allergy prevention products:
Increased use of humidifiers provides food for allergens such as dust mite, mold and mildew to live. Humidifiers produce moisture in the environment. Mold loves to develop in humid areas where moisture content is high.
Large use of air-conditioners can also improve mold content in the air and causes allergy attacks.
Allergy prevention medications can also cause some allergic reactions. Some medications cause to release histamines from your body which cause allergy reactions. Once allergic reaction starts the white blood cells, tissues etc are damaged.