A Kiss Can Be Fatal For Sensitive Allergy Sufferers

According to new research, if one has particularly extreme cases of allergies, they could have a serious allergic reaction to a kiss from a person who has had some food or drug that the person is allergic to.

allergic reaction to kissThis new research was presented at recent gathering of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, and according to Dr Sami Bahna, even a peck could have serious consequences such as swelling of the throat and lips, hives, rashes, and even more serious results.

While it may not be unusual that there is an allergic reaction when an allergic person kisses someone who has eaten a food or taken a drug that they are allergic to, but sometimes the reaction can occur later as well.

Even several hours after having ingested the allergen and even after having brushed the teeth, the person could continue to secrete the allergen via saliva, so there could be an allergic reaction even hours later.

The risk may be small but it is real – as in the case of 15-year-old Canadian girl, Christina Desforges who actually died after kissing her boyfriend. Her boyfriend had had peanut butter previously, and she was allergic to peanuts.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

thirteen − 10 =