Mold allergies are very common, however many people are unable to identify them simply because the symptoms of an allergic reaction to mold is very similar to the symptoms that one commonly experiences when one has a cold or even the flu.
People living in certain areas, certain kinds of homes or engaged in certain occupations are more likely to have mold allergies.
It is practically impossible to avoid breathing in mold spores, of which large or small amounts exist everywhere, and which, when airborne, enter the respiratory tract causing an allergic reaction.
Mold can be found in a variety of places: damp places such as the bathroom and the kitchen, garbage cans, around refrigerator doors, and even on our pillows. While it is possible to reduce exposure to mold allergy triggers, it is not possible to eliminate mold altogether from our lives.
Symptoms of mold allergies are more or less the same as cold:
- Runny, itchy nose
- Watery, red or itchy eyes,
- Breathing difficulty
- Even hives and chronic sinus infection
More serious mold allergies can cause dizziness, anemia, rashes, nausea and even memory loss, so it is important to identify mold allergy and take appropriate steps to reduce triggers.