How Do You Know If You Have An Eye Allergy?

Eye AllergyMost of the people suffer with the miseries of allergies. The allergic reaction which involves the eyes is the most common complaint.

Allergic conjunctivitis is known as the allergy reaction which affects the conjunctiva, a conjunctiva is the clear skin which will be overlying on the eyes.

Basically this allergic conjunctiva is divided into several major sub types, but the most common types of conjunctivas are seasonal allergic conjunctivas (SAC) and perennial allergic conjunctivas (PAC).

These SAC and PAC both are triggered by an immune reaction which involves a sensitized individual and an allergen.

Simply stated, the eye allergy will be obtained to you if you are allergic to a particular substance and if you come into contact with it, you will be experiencing allergic reactions such as itching, sneezing, etc.

These eye allergies will be occurring frequently, but allergic conjunctivitis will be most commonly seen in the areas where high seasonal allergens are present.

How to identify SAC and PAC:

The indications of both SAC and PAC are identical. Only the timing of these symptoms will vary from one another.

If you have SAC, your eye allergy symptoms will be generally limited to particular season such as summer, spring, fall, etc., where as if you have PAC, your symptoms will probably last throughout the year.

The most common signs of eye allergy include redness of eyes, burning sensation in the eyes, tearing in eyes, blurred vision and mattering or mucus production. Almost always the symptom of itching in eyes indicates an allergic reaction. [Allergy Eyes]

In allergic conjunctivitis, the primary symptom is ocular itching. You can also experience the above given symptoms in addition to ocular itching.

If you are suffering with eye allergy, identify the things which you are allergic to and your allergies should be improved markedly.

If you are unable to avoid or identify the allergens then take proper care for your ocular allergies from a medical doctor who specializes in eye care and surgery (ophthalmologist).

If you have SAC, you have to take appointment with your ophthalmologist prior to the season in which you will be suffering with allergies. This is because in order to start treatment for your problem before the symptoms of ocular allergies begin.

If you have PAC, you have to take routine appointments with your ophthalmologist. This will be helpful in monitoring your ocular allergies. Occasional flare-ups of your symptoms require more frequent visits.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

five × three =