This blog post, has put together some simple to follow steps to keep those allergies at bay:
- Vacuum – it is important to vacuum the home regularly, particularly using one with an HEPA filter which will help clear up the dust and pet dander which are leading allergens.
- Don’t Dust – if possible the allergy sufferer should not have the chore of dusting the house; however it is important that dusting be done in the house at least twice a week.
- Dust Mites – these are the little critters that populate the pillow and mattress. There are several products that minimize allergic reactions such as special mattresses or bed linen. Anti allergy sprays also may be a good idea.
- Organize – keep clutter to a minimum in the house. Clutter and even too many knick knacks are a magnet for dust, pollen and mold.
- Pet dander – keep pets clean, this will mean less pet dander being shed and also means that they are not collecting pollen. Try and keep them off the furniture. This will have the added benefit of controlling pet odor as well.
- Keep the air clean – Air conditioners and dehumidifiers are very useful in doing this.
- Shower – wash hair everyday to clean it of pollen and dust.