What Are The Triggers Of Indoor Allergy?

Indoor AllergyMost of you think that the inside of your home is a heaven and you can escape from allergies.

Unfortunately it is not the case.

The inside of your home traps allergens and makes impossible to avoid these allergens.

The reactions to these allergens are called as indoor allergy symptoms. Many allergens in your home environment can cause allergic reactions. Among those house dust is the main allergen.

Depending on the type and age of your house, humidity and temperature in the home, the things you keep in the house, and who lives in your house the dust may vary and causes symptoms of indoor allergy.

House dust is a mixture of many particles. It contains dust mites, mold spores, pet dander, and particles of soil and plant material from indoor and outdoor.

Though dust may consist of many particles and trigger allergic symptoms, but the most important allergens are dust mites, cockroaches, mold, and pet dander. These particles are the main causes of indoor allergy.[Symptoms of dust allergy]

Symptoms of indoor allergy may last all year long. Depending on your sensitivity these allergens may worsen your asthma symptoms. The reactions of indoor allergy can be severe in the late summer.

The symptoms can actually be worsened in the winter when the windows are closed and you are in contact with the allergens.

If you are sensitive to indoor allergens the symptoms may continually appear as long as you are exposed to your allergens.

Causes of indoor allergy:

Cockroaches:

Most of you don’t like insects like cockroaches. They live in warm climate. In the southern part of US, surely you have cockroaches in your home, even if you don’t observe them. Cockroaches like most places where food is available.

When they die their body parts become dry and break. Hence they become the part of your house dust and cause indoor allergy reactions.

Dust mites:

These are the common indoor allergens. They can be found in your bedding, upholstered furniture, or on any old cloths. Often most of you believe that you are allergic to dust, but this is not the fact. Actually you are allergic to dust mites and their waste particles and fragments of dust mites. [Dust mite allergy]

Mold:

Mold can be referred to as a type of fungus and it has no stems, leaves, or roots. Usually mold grows outsides.

Mold spores can easily enter into your house through open doors and windows and settle in the places where there is extreme heat and humidity. It that environments it grows and produce mildew. You can observe mildew in a shower.

You can not observe mold, because it grows in unseen areas of the house, such as under flooring materials and behind walls. Similar to other allergens mold cal also trigger allergic reactions but it can not cause any serious health problems.

Pet dander:

Most of you are sensitive to pet dander and causes allergic reactions. Those who are sensitive to pets should not be around animals like dogs, cats, hamsters and other fur-bearing animals.

Due to this the symptoms of indoor allergy are asthma, itchy eyes, sneezing and stuffy nose. The symptoms of indoor allergy mainly appear by the substances in the animal’s saliva, urine, and especially dander [Causes of pet allergy].

So, you need to be far from the above substances which cause indoor allergy. If you have severe symptoms you should consult your doctor.

Posted in: ALLERGY

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Leave a Reply