Asthma is an inflammatory disease which is caused in the airways of a person and is mostly chronic in nature. It is marked by reversible obstruction of the airflow and some of its common symptoms include chest tightness, wheezing, coughing and shortness of breath. Out of the many possible treatment methods of asthma, the best and most common treatment is using asthma inhalers.
These inhalers are also called ashtalin inhalers and are also employed for treating bronchitis or any type of obstructive lung illness or disease. While it is true that asthma inhalers definitely curb the symptoms of asthma and may prove useful at the time of an asthma attack, they are also often associated with certain side effects.
Side Effects of Asthma Inhalers:
The following are some of the possible side effects using asthma inhalers which might either be observed in short term or after a significant use of the inhaler:
- These inhalers may often cause anxiety in the asthma patient and he/she may feel anxious and incomplete without having the inhaler nearby.
- Another side effect associated with using asthma inhalers is nervousness. These side effects can be both adverse and severe.
- Having heart palpitation is another common side effect or after effect of using asthma inhalers.
- Apart from heart palpitation, a person may also experience rapid heartbeat and cardiac arrhythmias on using asthma inhalers, either for a short duration or over a course of a few months or years.
- Low blood pressure is also often considered as side effects of prolonged use of asthma inhalers.
- Another side effect of asthma inhalers is insomnia. Many people who use asthma inhalers find it difficult to fall asleep in the night.
- Yeast infection is also often caused due to the use of asthma inhalers.
- Another side effect of using asthma inhalers is itching.
Most of the people who use asthma inhalers have this misconception that using the inhaler can have no side effect and is absolutely safe to use. But this very misconception and ignorance can prove life threatening and if the side effects are recognized, treatment must be sought immediately, without delay.
Prevention and Solution for Side Effects of Asthma Inhalers
There is no particular way to prevent the side effects but it is always important to use the inhaler as advised by the doctor and over dose must be avoided under all circumstances. You must be careful about the inhaler losing its effectiveness and this must be monitored closely.
Photo Credit By: blogs.spryliving.com