Several types of medications are used for the treatment of asthma
Most of the people use the combination of quick relief medications and long term medications to control asthma.
Your doctor will be suggesting the best medications which are suitable for you depending on severity of your symptoms and age.
Natural or herbal home remedies which works as treatment for asthma:
- Drink daily ¼ cup of onion juice, 1/8 tablespoon black pepper and a table spoon of honey to reduce the asthma.
- Turmeric works well for treating asthma. If you have asthma, you should drink the milk by mixing a teaspoon of turmeric in it. You should take this two to three times a day and it works best or acts best on an empty stomach.
- Don’t eat dairy products. Dairy products are not good for asthmatics. Those products will be too mucus forming and cheddar cheese can be given exception. This cheese contains â€œtyramineâ€ as an ingredient in it which helps to open up the breathing passages.
- Figs are well known to give relief for asthma by draining the phlegm (balgam). Take 3-4 dry figs; wash them well with warm water. Soak them overnight in a cup of water. Eat those figs as the first thing in the morning and also drink the water. Do this for at least 2 months to obtain the results.
- Chamomile tea: The herb chamomile contains antihistamine, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic and anti-histamine properties which will be helpful in treating asthma. The flowers are used externally in the form of tinctures and these are consumed internally in the form of tea. This chamomile tea should be avoided by the individuals who are using the medications of blood thinners such as warfarin.
- Mullein: This is the ancient remedy for unproductive coughs and bronchitis. This is a popular asthma remedy, which has proved itself as very helpful in curing asthma. This mullein is an astringent and anti spasmodic herb. The leaves and flowers of this plant will reduce the mucous and expel phlegm. The leaves of this plant will be used in teas, oils and compresses. You should avoid the seeds of this mullein plant as they are more toxic.
These are the various natural home remedies which can be helpful as treatment for asthma. [Other Asthma Treatment Methods]