Asthma can come on swiftly and strongly. Some asthma attacks are so severe they can result in hospitalization or death. Many asthma patients get confused with the foods and diet choices, having a healthy, balanced diet and including certain powerful anti-asthmatic foods can help you to manage your health condition. Here below mentioned are top 8 anti-asthma foods.
Spinach is a great source of magnesium which improves systems of asthma. Studies show that people with asthma tend to have lower blood and tissue levels of magnesium and increasing magnesium intake, in the long run, can reduce the incidence of asthma attacks, spinach is also high in B vitamin which helps to reduce stress related to asthma attacks.
- Red Peppers
Red pepper is rich in vitamin C which is especially helpful in reducing inflammation. Ascorbic acid present in red peppers inhibits the production of an enzyme called phosphor die- esterase which is present in most common asthma drugs.
- Oranges and lemons
Consuming fruits high in vitamin c can help reduce the instance of asthma attacks, particularly in children. A study in Italy found that children who eat the fruit several times a week experienced significantly fewer asthma systems than children who did not regularly eat these types of fruits.
Apples contain certain photochemical that can improve lung functioning in asthma suffer. A study shows that children born to mothers who consumed four or more apples a week have half the chances of developing childhood asthma as did children born to women who consumed one or fewer apples per week.
- Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds are nutty tasty and healthy seeds loaded with vitamin E, magnesium and potassium. These seeds are also rich in selenium, provide more than a third of the recommended daily intake for this important mineral. In addition, sunflower seeds will not cause any allergic reactions to people.
Ginger, is a traditional spice used to treat may health conditions including asthma. It has unique asthma fighting properties, gingerols, is one of the strong anti-inflammatory substances present in ginger.
Turmeric is one of the commonly used spices in many foods and dishes. Turmeric is considered as an extraordinary spice because of its strong anti-inflammatory properties.
An onion has an anti-inflammatory and anti-asthmatic effect, inhibit the release of histamines and reduces bronchial obstruction. Onion contains prostaglandins that relax the bronchial passageways and anti-allergic
Foods to Include
- Fruits like kiwi, berries, apple, pineapple, and banana.
- Vegetables like sweet potato, carrots, spinach, kale, endive, mustard greens, broccoli, tomatoes, avocados etc.
- Herbs and spices, turmeric, ginger, garlic, rosemary.
- Nuts seeds and oil include walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, olive oil, canola oil and coconut oil.
- Fish includes salmon, cod, tuna, hearing, fish oil, anchovies.
- Buckwheat grains are also good for asthma.
Foods to Avoid
- Any foods to which you are allergic, artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners such as aspartame, monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- Preservatives, high fructose corn syrup
- Oils include hydrogenated oils, sunflower oil, grape seed oil, cottonseed oil, corn oil and safflower oil.
- Fatty meats, processed meats such as bacon, sugar, trans fats, alcohol,
- Refined grains such as white flour, all purpose flour, white rice white paste.
Conventional eggs and dairy products.