Food allergy symptoms are the common problems among children and adults.
Food allergies are the most annoying things in the world.
Are you thinking what to do with this problem? Go through the symptoms and find how to control them.
Food allergies are the reactions triggered by the immune system to harmless foods.
These allergies are due to allergic antibody called IgE and histamines, which are found in people with allergies. Food allergy affects everyone at some point in their life. About 2 percent of adults and 6 percent of children are suffering with food allergy.
Food allergy reactions are also called as food hypersensitivity. Food hypersensitivity can cause a serious problem and even death. Food allergy reactions may vary from mild to fatal.
Cause of food allergy:
- An individual could be allergic to any food, such as fruits, meats, and vegetables.
- There are some foods that account for 90 percent of food allergy reactions. These are milk, egg, peanuts, tree nut, fish, shellfish, soybeans, wheat, and some fruits like bananas, grapes, melons, avocados, tomatoes, nectarines and so on.
Symptoms of food allergies:
- Food allergy symptoms depend on the type of food that you eat and sensitivity to the food.
- The symptoms are mainly related to stomach and intestines. Sometimes as the food is digested many parts of the body can experience allergic symptoms.
- Diarrhea is a common food allergy and it is followed by nausea.
- Rashes, itching, hives, and some times asthmatic conditions and eczema or Atopic dermatitis are the symptoms of food allergy.
- Some times you can also get abdominal pain while sometimes you may get itchy mouth.
- You will experience the problem of swallowing and also difficulty in breathing.
- Anaphylaxis is a severe food allergy symptom. This disease will affect some areas of the body such as skin, respiratory tract, gastrointestinal tract and cardiovascular system and some times it can result in death.
- Vomiting and angioedema are the common food allergy symptoms.
- Itching lips, tongue, and throat, swelling of the stomach, gas, and some times swollen lips. These symptoms will occur after eating certain fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Dizziness and light headaches are also the symptoms of food allergies.
- In infants temporary reactions to certain foods and fruits are common.
Food allergy treatment:
- If you are allergic to some food, it is better to avoid eating that food repeatedly.
- Special diets are the most commonly used treatment for food allergies.
- Only go with those products which do not have any ingredients that you are allergic.
- It is important for food allergy people to carefully read food labels.
- If your food allergy symptoms confined to one area of the body, you may not need any treatment. The symptoms will fall down in a brief time.
- If you have multiple food allergies, the offending foods should be eliminated and the other foods should be eaten at intervals of four to five days. This is known as â€œrotation dietâ€.
- Antihistamines may give some relief to allergy symptoms.
- You can also use some skin creams to get some relief.
- If you are suffering with serious food allergy symptoms such as whole-body reaction, and hives you should inject the epinephrine at all times by consulting your doctor.
- Vitamin C is an anti-allergen supplement.
- Immunotherapy is also used to treat food allergies by modifying the immune response to allergenic foods.