Getting frustrated with dog allergies? This is even troublesome if you fond of dogs and enjoy their company.
Reactions of dog allergies are due to the dander from the dog.
Anyone at any age can get dog allergies, but this is very frequent occurring condition in people who are suffering from other types of allergies.
If you are allergic to more than one thing then it will be difficult to diagnose and you can’t know the exact allergen that trigger your allergic reaction.
Due to the sticky nature of dog allergens they can remain in the air for a long time.
In addition to dander you may also get dog allergies due to their saliva. Not any particular breed of dog can cause allergies, but if you shed the most and drool the most have the highest chance of occurring dog allergies.
The symptoms of dog allergies are the same as regular allergy symptoms. They include itchy eyes, runny nose, sneezing, headache, fatigue, breathing issues, asthma, etc. Some of you even experience itchy patches on the skin.
How to get rid of dog allergies?
- If you have the mild symptoms of dog allergies then you can use natural products to boost your immune system. You can also choose a detox to remove toxins from your body. [Treating Dog Allergy]
- You can reduce the effects of dog allergies by washing your hands frequently, especially after playing with your dog. Use soap and hot water to wash after immediately handling your dog.
- If you have severe dog allergies then take a shower and change your clothing as well.
- Use a HEPA filter in each room and use a vacuum with a HEPA filter. Don’t forget to vacuum in the vents where hair, dander, and dust collect. This filtration system helps to pull up and trap more of your dog’s dander from the floor.
- It is better to keep your dog out of the bedroom.
- Feed your dog with a well balanced diet. If you give a diet to your dog which contains some natural fat, helps to make your dog’s skin less dry resulting in less shedding.
- Wash your dog’s belongings such as dog’s bed, blanket, and toys twice a week to reduce dander.
- Use an air filter system that contains HEPA to eliminate the dander from the air.
- Wash all the surfaces such as tables, shelves, wall hangings, lamps, and other furniture and accessories by using a damp cloth. While cleaning all these things wear a dust mask to avoid allergens from entering into your nose.
The less a dog sheds the less dander it produces. Some of the breeds which produce less dander include:
- Chinese crested
- Portuguese water dog
- Tibetan terrier
- Irish water spaniel
- Bichon fries
- Soft-coated wheaten terrier
By fallowing the above mentioned precautions carefully you can get rid off dog allergies. To get permanent relief from dog allergies you should completely avoid the dogs from keeping in your home.