Allergies can be very harmful when you are suffering from asthma; it will cause you extra pain and infection. So, it is very important to stay away from allergies and allergy-proof your home by following the below simple tips.
To determine whether it is asthma or allergies is very difficult because allergies are sneaky; they are hidden in furniture, in your pillow, your mattress, etc.
Guard your home against allergens with these simple steps.
- Clean the air
Choose an air purifier with a true HEPA filter, air purifiers which safely remove 99.97 percent of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.
Use an exhaust fan to reduce moisture while taking baths or showers.
10 M people are allergic to cat dander, making it the most common allergy. Keep animals out of the bedroom to reduce pet dander on bedding. Use allergen resistant bedding. Both your pets frequently. Use on the air filter. Clutter Remove items that collect dust, such as knickknacks, tabletop ornaments, and magazines.
Vacuum upholstered furniture weekly.
- Install alarm
Install a carbon monoxide alarm and run a frequent test to ensure your home is free from this pollutant.
- Open Windows
To increase fresh air in home open windows and doors whenever possible.
Install a vented exhaust fan to remove cooking fumes and reduce moisture.
Remove houseplants. Clean shower curtains, bathroom windows, damp walls, areas prone to dry rot and indoor trash cans regularly. Use a mix of water and bleach to kill mold. Open doors and windows, and use fans to increase airflow. Do not carpet bathrooms and use mold proof paint.
When cockroaches die, their bodies crumble and mix with dust. Keep food in sealed containers. Do not leave pet food outside too long; make sure all cracks and holes are covered. Bug bomb twice a year. Clean behind areas like the stove and fridge.
How to remove dust?
- Remove drapes, feather pillows, upholstered furniture, and no washable comforters and soft toys.
- Replace carpets with linoleum or wood
- Mop floor and wipe surface with damp mop or cloth
- Keep windows closed vacuum regularly with machine that has a high-efficiency particulate air
How to get rid of Dust mites?
- It is estimated that there are anywhere from 100K to 10M dust mites in the average bed.
- Wash all bedding in hot water every 7-10 days
- Do not use matters pads
- Cover mattresses and pillows with plastic covers.
Important things you need to know
- About 3,400 gallons the air you breathe on an average day.
- 90% approximate time spent indoors.
- 2 to 5 times indoor air pollutants can be 2 to 5 times higher than outdoor levels.
- Top 5 risks, indoor air pollutants ranked among the top five environmental risks to public health.
- 8 out of 10 Americans are exposed to dust mites
- Pollutants, homes are more energy efficient, but trapping more pollutants, especially during winter.
Harmful effects, exposure to poor indoor air quality can have immediate harmful effects on individuals, as well as debilitating long-term effects.