Are you suffering with runny nose, itchy and watery eyes?
Do you want to just crawl out of your sinus allergies? Then know about the symptoms and how to get rid of the problem.
Difference between sinus and allergy:
Sinuses are similar to allergies. Sinus allergies are seasonal allergies that go away after the season is over and the other is an infection that can be treated by a doctor most of the time.
There are several airborne substances that you often inhale through your mouth and nose. [Airborne Allergies]
Many of these substances irritate the sinuses and can lead to sinus allergies.
Symptoms of sinus allergies:
- The most common sinus allergies symptoms are runny nose, watery eyes, and the pressure in the nose area leads to headache.
- Pollens are small particles released by flowering plants, enters into your body while breathing. Due to this the lining of the sinuses becomes inflamed and causes sinus allergies.
- There will be pressure in the areas of your face and is often a sign of acute sinusitis.
- Other sinus allergies symptoms are stuffy nose, fever and pain in your upper teeth.
- Itching nose, sore throat, bad breath, loss of taste and smell, and excess coughing, especially in the night are special symptoms of sinus allergies.
- Sinus sufferers feel worse at night, and awaken with pain during sleep. Dust and pollen gives you maximum swelling.
Causes of sinus allergies:
- Airborne substances like pollen, mold, and dust mites can cause sinus allergies. Drinking iced drinks is also the cause.
- Anything that causes swelling in your sinuses can cause sinusitis. This condition occurs because of the changes in temperature or air pressure.
- Usage of nasal sprays, smoking, and swimming can cause sinusitis.
- By producing more mucus your body will respond to viruses, but it gets blocked in your swollen sinuses. This swollen mucus makes a good place for bacteria to grow. These bacteria can cause sinus allergies.
Sinus allergies exist longer than allergy reaction:
In most cases sinus exists longer than allergic reactions. With allergic reaction you have to get medical attention most of the time. This makes you feel better away from allergic symptoms.
Sinus allergies can take longer periods of time such as weeks to months. Most of the time you need to consult the doctor and get some medications to relieve from sinus allergies.
Sinus allergies treatment:
- By using some prescribed antibiotics you can come out from sinus allergies. You must take these medicines for 10-14 days.
- If you have sinus pain then your doctor may prescribe you a decongestant to help your sinus drain.
- You can take help from the pharmacist to find the right drug for you.
- Most of the medicines will make you sleepy. It is better to take the drugs that are for the day time relief so that you can do your daily tasks.
- It is better to take inhalers with the doctor’s suggestion.
- You have to confirm that you are not going to allergic with the medications that you take for sinus allergies.
- Avoid taking nonprescription drugs more than three days. It is better to consult the doctor and continue with the prescribed medications.