You may know that there are many types of allergies and some allergies can affect the nose.
This condition is called as allergy nose and it may lead to fluid to build up in the ears.
Nosebleeds, itchy nose, stuffiness, dripping mucus, sneezing, and sniffles are the symptoms of allergy nose.
Cause of allergy nose:
- Allergies are the disorders of the incorrect response of the immune system to some allergens. Pet dander, dust, dust mites, mold, and pollen are some type of allergens to which the person feels difficulty in breathing.
- Eating spicy foods, bananas and some of the foods also causes allergy nose.
Symptoms of allergy nose:
- Allergy nose causes you awakenings during night sleep.
- Most of the people suffer with headaches, body aches, fever and flu like symptoms and others feel irritated through out the day and night.
- Allergy nose affects a person’s mind and also it makes difficult to concentrate on daily tasks of the person.
- Runny nose, sneezing, cough, sore throat, and nasal congestion are symptoms of allergy nose. Nasal congestion, sneezing, and runny nose are the symptoms of viral sinus. The cold viruses cause inflammation and increase the leakage of fluid from the blood vessels into the lining of the nose.
- Sore throat is due to weak immune system and food allergies.
- This causes swelling of the lining of the nose and blocks the flow of air.
- Cough is also the symptom of allergy nose. It comes from viral respiratory infections and allergies. Cough is also considered as a symptom of asthma, sinusitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis, side effects of medications, lung cancer and so on.
Allergy nose treatment:
- Some medications will be used to treat the condition but most of the times these medications causes irritation.
- Doctors use some tests like blood test and skin test to treat the condition.
- Medications that reduce allergy nose symptoms like headaches, body aches, and fever are analgesics and antipyretics. These drugs can be available either alone or in combination with other ingredients [Allergy medications].
- For temporary relief of allergy nose you can use some home remedies such as oral fluid like broth, chicken soup, and tea with lemon and honey.
- Humidification of room air also gives allergy relief. Salt and water sprays, and steam can also safely provide moisture to and then you can get relief from irritated nasal passages.
- You can use some nasal decongestants to narrow the blood vessels in the nose, thereby preventing fluid from leaking and the lining from swelling.
- Medications like hydrocodone, camphor and menthol can be used to prevent cough.
- You can overcome from sore throat by taking natural antibiotic, Allicin.
- You should take less sugar and saturated fat, which makes the body vulnerable to infections and allergies.
- You can use some prescribed inhalers to prevent allergy nose. Inhalers are the best alternative to medications. You can also use nasal sprays which gives immediate relief to allergy nose conditions.